YMCA National Swimming and Diving YMCA National Swimming and Diving HEALTHY COMPETITION
SKILLS FOR LIFE

National YMCA Competitive Swimming And Diving

Information For The YMCA Competitive Swim Community

Quick Links:  Home     Discussion Forum      Officials      Trainers     

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Short Course Championships
 YMCA of the USA Competitive Swimming and Diving Fo :YMCA of the USA National Meets :Short Course Championships
Message Icon Topic: 2014 and on Post Reply Post New Topic
osu614

Quote osu614 Replybullet Topic: 2014 and on
    Posted: Apr/04/2012 at 10:50pm
The Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex, from what I've heard, has been talking recently about doing some work on their facility. If their facility was brought to condition where it could be considered for Y-nats to return there, would there be a strong possibility of going back to Fort Lauderdale after 2013? Don't get me wrong, this year's meet has been awesome in Greensboro and the new facility is worth the hype, but I as a parent am not alone when I say it's just not the same as Fort Lauderdale. I think swimmers looked forward to the meet much more in previous years, too. Obviously, however, there are circumstances that just didn't work out for the FLAC to host again, and the GAC is a great consolation. Thanks for responding and for another great meet!
IP IP Logged
John Mendell
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Moderator - Short Course Championship

Quote John Mendell Replybullet Posted: Apr/10/2012 at 11:53am
Thank you for your comments. At present, the Ft. Lauderdale governing body has not approved anything. If and when this happens, we are told that the complex will be closed for up to two years. Therefore, we are scheduled to return to Greensboro next year.
John Mendell
Meet Director
YMCA National Short Course Swimming and Diving Championship
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version